SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Products I Am Currently Loving


Hello everyone! As the title says, I am going to share with you products that I am currently obsessed with.

My partner says I go through "phases" of my interests: drama/series, then K-pop, then makeup. Right now I am in my makeup phase, so I have been trying out a lot of new stuff and these are products that I have tried and tested and I keep reaching for when I do my makeup. I also included some skincare products that I cannot live without!

Let's start:


Pink Sugar Our Lil Secret Foundation
Shade: Medium
₱399.00, BeautyMNL

Having acne and large pores, I always gravitate towards thick, full coverage foundations like the L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hr Pro Matte Foundation. However, there are days that I feel it is too heavy on my skin. So when this foundation came out and I've read reviews on how light it feels on the skin, I decided to try it out. This for me is the best everyday foundation as it smooths out the skin and evens my skintone without being cakey or heavy. In terms of coverage, it is medium to full. I personally only use one layer and even though it does not cover all of my pimples/scars, it covers the pores and provides a smooth texture.


Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer
Shade: Light Neutral
$27.00, Ulta

I have been hearing a lot of rave reviews with this concealer. It has full coverage, does not cake or crease, and I definitely agree! To be honest, this is very similar to my fave Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer, but this is just slightly thinner than that. It offers full coverage and does not crease even if I waited for a while before I set it with powder.


Innisfree No Sebum Blur Powder
₱485.00, BeautyMNL

I have been a fan of the Innisfree No Sebum Powder for years now, but I recently discovered this tinted version which works just as well and it does not give me flashback. Don't get me wrong, the original gives a little flashback if you do not blend it well. When I travel to the city, I usually do not bring brushes and rely on the puff included, so I prefer the tinted version just in case I am unable to blend the powder very well on my skin.


DETAIL Mineral Pressed Powder
Shade: Natural
₱199.00, BeautyMNL

This is the product that surprised me the most out of all the products in this post. It was so inexpensive and I didn't really have any expectations, but it worked so well it has been my go-to on-the-go powder! It provides good coverage and it does not cake or oil up on my skin. This is something that I recommend that you test if you are looking for a powder to set your face or something to use to touch up throughout the day.


Shawill Perfect Powder
Shade: #3
₱168.00, SM Department Stores

My weakness when it comes to makeup is definitely contouring. I am not confident with my contouring skills, and it is also tricky to find a shade that is cool enough to create shadows on the face. I think this powder is perfect for contouring, and it is very inexpensive! I love that this also blends nicely on the skin. I have never experienced patchiness or skipping when using this powder.


Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo
Shade: Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby
₱1950.00, Sephora

When this makeup line dropped, I picked up the foundation and this highlighter. While waiting for it to arrive, I was so nervous because I blindly purchased it without watching/reading reviews as they were not available yet. The foundation was meh (I will share a post in the future how I made it work in my extremely textured skin) but this highlighter is awesome! I love Mean Money because it gives a very subtle but nice glow without emphasizing any of my texture. Hu$tla Baby, I just use on the highest point of my cheeks and my inner corner, which really opens up the eyes. I really love this duo and if given the chance I would also like to pick up the Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal shade.


Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette
$42.00, Ulta

I have been wanting to try Anastasia eyeshadows for so long as the reviews are all nothing but great, especially for this palette. When I received this, I swatched it immediately! This palette makes me go out of my comfort zone to try pinks and I am in love! The quality is amazing. The shadows blend so easily and you can create multiple looks with this palette. I think this palette is a must have. I can already tell that this will be the first palette I will hit pan on. I will be doing a dedicated post for this palette, so please watch out for that.


Skin Genie Lip and Cheek Stain Alive!
Shades: Creamy Peach, Cherry Pink, Rose Pink and Christmas Red
₱80.00, BeautyMNL

I never had a good experience with lip and cheek tints when I was younger, so when the trend came back I was not interested at all. Until I received a gift with purchase from BeautyMNL and I was hooked! These tints are super cheap at ₱80.00 each. I mainly use them on my cheeks, not so much on my lips (I still prefer liquid lipsticks). I just put 1-2 swipes across my cheeks then blend with my fingers in circular motions and it lasts me through sweat, oil, etc. It also works well on top of powders and does not disturb my foundation. To be honest, I liked their old packaging (the one with the white cap) because it looks so clean and elegant; their new packaging comes in a box and has gold text printed on the bottle itself.


Colourette ColourTint Intense Blend Lip and Cheek Oil
Shade: Thalia
₱229.00, BeautyMNL

Another lip and cheek tint. This one is in oil form that is not greasy and is very pigmented. It also works well on top of powders and I can use this on my lips because the color payoff is amazing and it feels moisturizing. I definitely wanted to try more colors, especially the new ones they just released.


Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Cleansing Water
₱249.00, BeautyMNL

I have been into micellar waters lately. I already did try Biore, Maybelline and L'Oreal but Garnier is the best of them all. It can remove even the toughest mascara and eyeliner without tugging - just press it on for 5-10 seconds then swipe gently. It also does not feel greasy afterwards and it is okay not to wash your face afterwards.


COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch
₱180.00, BeautyMNL

Guys, the hype is real! This stuff works! I was very skeptical at first but I found that it works well for me. I just put it on pimples that are starting to surface and the next day it's gone! I also put this on pimples that I pop (yes, I know it's wrong but I can't help it) to protect the "wound" from dirt, etc. which also helps it to heal faster. If you have the occasional breakouts, this is definitely something that will help you out.


L'Oreal Anti-Pores Pure Clay Mask
₱399.00, Lazada

Having oily skin and large pores is definitely a pain. Clay masks are my go-to to help me, especially before applying my makeup. My current favorite is this L'Oreal Pure Clay Mask - it really helps shrink the appearance of pores and it gives me a smooth canvas after using it. The smell reminds me of the L'Oreal Hydrafresh Gel Moisturizer that I absolutely love (and need to repurchase). If you are looking for a good clay mask, try L'Oreal. They also have a hydrating, detoxifying and illuminating variant.


Déjà Poo Pre-Poo Spray in Green Tea
₱120.00 for 10 ml, BeautyMNL

This list will not be complete without this product as this is my current obsession. I rave about this to all of my friends! Who doesn't want a pleasurable pooping experience? I love the green tea scent and how you will not be ashamed to walk out of the restroom after you do the deed. I am running out of this travel size so I will definitely purchase the larger bottle and just refill this for when I travel.


And those are all the products I am currently loving! I think I have a good mix of both very affordable and slightly expensive products. Have you tried any of these? What are your thoughts? Also, I would love to know which products you are currently obsessed with so please share that through the comments down below.

Thank you so much for reading, and see you on my next post! 😘😘😘

2 comments :

  1. Love the ABH Palette I've been using it constantly during winter and I need to get my hands on some fenty beauty.

    TaslynMatina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Their highlighters are definitely a must have. :) Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete